Welcoming New Dental Patients in West Byfleet
- No waiting list.
Finance plans available.
Same day appointment.
New patient check-ups including X-rays.
Children under age 5 have FREE check-ups when a parent/guardian regularly attends the practice.
10% off some dental treatments with the plan.
Pain free injections – The Wand.
We Create Beautiful Smiles
At Coniston Dental in West Byfleet our experienced team offer a blend of professional, high quality dentistry and friendly, personal service to patients of all ages. Registering new patients and booking same day appointments, don’t hesitate to give us a call should you wish to start the journey to the smile you deserve.
Dr Jan Nel is an Excel accredited Denplan practice. We offer Denplan Essentials and Denplan Care.
For £19.83 a month Denplan Essentials includes two check-up and two hygienist visits a year (or for £31.66 a month includes two check-ups and four hygienist visits) and a 10% discount on other treatment fees, Worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Supplementary Insurance) and access to Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline.
Denplan Care is a more comprehensive dental payment plan that is tailored to fit your needs. Your dentist will carry out an initial assessment. You will be put into one of five categories (A-E) based on your oral health and how much dental care and treatment you’re likely to need in the future.
If you need a dentist in West Byfleet, we can help. Our dental clinic in Surrey has been established in West Byfleet since 1959. As a well-established practice we can provide all treatments from cosmetic dentistry to check-ups under one roof. The team of experienced and friendly dental professionals will make you feel at home from the moment you step through the door. Here are some of treatments:
If you need an exceptional dentist in West Byfleet, contact us as soon as possible to book your appointment.
At your initial consultation, we will ask you for some medical and administration details. You will then see the dentist who will listen to your concerns. The dentist will perform a 13-point dental health check that includes the following:
- We always make sure we are up to date with your current state of general health, and know about any medications or illnesses you have had or have. Many of these can have a dramatic effect on the tissues of the mouth. We may need to help you take special precautions to protect your teeth and gums in the future!
- We listen to your own reports of what has happened in your mouth since you were last seen by a dentist. We will investigate thoroughly any reports of pain or sensitivity or any other symptoms.
- We will ask you if you’re happy with the appearance of your mouth. There are many treatments available these days that can improve the appearance of your smile, no matter what your age!
- We will pay particular attention to monitoring how any treatments completed previously are faring and we will note all the existing restorations (fillings, crowns etc.) that are already present in your mouth.
- We check all of your teeth for signs of damage, decay, wear and other symptoms.
- We thoroughly check all your existing restorations such as fillings to make sure they are still holding up and doing the job they should be!
- We check how your teeth bite together – this is indicative of whole mouth comfort and the health of your jaw and head. Dentists call this ‘occlusion’.
- Every dental health check includes a full check on all the tissues inside the mouth – this includes an oral cancer check.
- We also check outside the mouth – the glands, jaw joints, muscles and so on.
- Your gum, or periodontal condition, is a critical part of the dental health check, as gum disease can be both painless, and rampant! Healthy gums are essential if you wish to keep all your own teeth for life.
- We will always check for the presence of plaque and bacteria in the mouth, because plaque causes almost all tooth and gum disease. Controlling plaque means preventing tooth and gum disease. This is why it is also important to see the hygienist on a regular basis.
- We will review or renew radiographs (x-rays) in order to monitor the health of the jaw bone.
- We will check the areas inside, under and between the teeth. Please note that we generally only renew the radiographs for these checks approximately every two years.
Once all of this is done the dentist will discuss with you how we can meet your expectation and then design a dental treatment plan to maintain or regain your dental health. We will discuss different options with you and we will design a treatment plan suited for you and your own personal needs. You will receive a written treatment plan showing the treatments and costs involved.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are always happy to answer questions. If any one of us does not know the answer, we will put you in touch with one of the team who does.
We encourage all patients to have regular dental health checks and with the help of the oral hygienist, we can work together as a team to maintain excellent dental health. It is important that as a patient you help us by following our advice, having regular dental health checks, performing your daily oral hygiene as prescribed, informing us what you would like to achieve and by asking questions. All of this will make it possible for you to achieve long-term dental health.
What Our Patients Say
Dr Nell is a fantastic dentist. Jolly, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. I am sad to be leaving and moving out of the area, as he and his team are outstanding.
Fantastic! Extremely welcoming and very friendly, great advice, very professional, sensible pricing. I’m a new customer and like many perhaps anxious moving to a new practice, but I felt completely at ease and comfortable throughout, it’s refreshing to have ‘old school’ service and logical advice. I can highly recommend these ladies and gents! 😁
Honestly after 10 years of never going to dentist due to fear, im so happy i came here after my sisters recommendation. Helena is amazing, she made me feel at ease, was very patient with me. Finally i can go to dentist without a complete meltdown.Thank you so much for helping me.
Fantastic from the moment I walked through the door. Made to feel welcome by the lovely ladies on reception. Sadaf done an amazing job and was so caring whilst doing the work, so pleased. Thank you!
Joined this new local dental practice on 10/5/23 and had my 6 monthly checkup with dentist, having previously filled out online health questionnaire & having had my dental history sent from previous practice. It was the most thorough checkup ever. Everyone was very caring & very professional. Very informative Dentist, charming dental nurse and friendly reception staff. Booked hygienist for the following week. Very impressed with my first visit. Its very local to me which is a bonus. Would definitely recommend the practice.Thank you Coniston.
Wonderfull dentist and hygenist services here.. used to come as a kid and after a recent visit with my mother with disability issues I have chosen to get back on their books.. Everyone from front of house through to the doctors has been so pleasant to deal with making what could possibly be something quite stressful nice and simple
We are conveniently located on the📍Old Woking Road📍adjacent to the Waitrose Supermarket and next door to the Medivets Veterinary Hospital. Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.
- By Car: There are a number of car parks close by, including the Waitrose car park.
- By Bus: There are bus stops in Old Woking Road within a few yards of the surgery. In addition there are bus stops for routes a short walk away in Station Approach. See the Surrey County Council website for bus timetables.
- By Train: The closest station is West Byfleet which is within easy walking distance. West Byfleet is served by trains operated by South West Trains.
- Disabled Access: We have wheelchair access to the ground floor, and a stair lift up to the first floor. We have wheelchair access to a toilet.
- Special parking arrangements: Available on request.
Book your appointment now
Simply provide us with your contact information to book a new patient appointment at Coniston Dental Practice now: