Teeth Whitening in Surrey
Feel younger and more confident when you smile!
Discover the radiant smile you’ve always dreamed of with Coniston Dental Practice’s teeth whitening in Surrey! If you’ve been longing for a brighter, more confident smile, our friendly team is here to assist you. Our teeth whitening treatments are not only safe and effective but also customised to cater to your unique needs. With our advanced bleaching techniques and professional-grade products, we can help you achieve stunning results that will surely make heads turn.
Restore the natural colour of teeth
Get a brighter and more appealing smile
Boost self-confidence and improves overall appearance
Customised to individual needs and preferences
Immediate and long-lasting results
Convenient take-home kits for continued whitening maintenance
Causes of Teeth Discolouration
There are several common causes of teeth discolouration, including:
- Consumption of certain foods and drinks, such as coffee, tea, and red wine
- Smoking, which can cause significant staining over time
- Aging, as teeth naturally become darker with age
- Certain medications can also cause teeth discolouration
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
In general, suitable candidates
for teeth whitening include:
- Anyone who feels their teeth have become more yellow or stained
- People who smoke and notice their teeth have become brown as a result
- Individuals whose teeth have developed unusual colours
- People with staining that may have resulted from childhood illness or medication
However, there are some factors that can better determine whether you’re a good candidate for teeth whitening:
- Existing Dental Health: Your overall dental health is crucial in determining your suitability for teeth whitening. If you have untreated tooth decay, gum disease, or sensitive teeth, it’s essential to address these issues before considering teeth whitening.
- Teeth Colour and Stains: The type of stains and discolouration on your teeth can also affect the effectiveness of teeth whitening. Yellowish teeth tend to respond well to whitening, while brownish or greyish teeth may require more treatments or may not respond as well. Stains caused by certain medications or trauma to the tooth may not be improved by whitening.
- Restorations and Dental Work: If you have dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, or fillings, it’s important to know that these will not whiten along with your natural teeth. This could result in uneven colouring if you proceed with a teeth whitening treatment.
- Age and Pregnancy: Teeth whitening is not recommended for children under the age of 16 as their teeth are still developing. Pregnant and lactating women are also advised to avoid teeth whitening.
- Realistic Expectations: Having realistic expectations is crucial when considering teeth whitening. While the treatment can significantly improve the brightness of your smile, the results may not always be as dramatic as you might hope. Our dentist can provide a realistic idea of the potential results based on your individual circumstances.
Ideal for Special Occasions
Your special occasion is a moment to treasure forever, and we want you to feel absolutely fantastic! One surefire way to achieve this is through teeth whitening.
- Boost Your Confidence: A dazzling smile can do wonders for your confidence, making you feel and look your very best.
- Brighten Your Smile: Years of staining from coffee, tea, or tobacco can be easily erased, revealing a brighter, more radiant smile.
- Look Youthful: Whiter teeth can take years off your appearance, giving you a youthful glow that everyone will notice.
- Memorable Photos: Capture picture-perfect moments with a radiant smile that will be cherished forever in your memories.
Following the occasion, the teeth whitening results can last anywhere between six months to two years, adding to the overall excellence of the outcome! So, get ready to shine and make your special day even more memorable with a dazzling smile!
How Do We Do It in Surrey?
In essence, the whitening gel needs to be in contact with the tooth substance. It doesn’t matter if it is only in contact with one small area of the tooth; it will infiltrate through the whole tooth, much like the corner of a sugar cube being immersed in red wine. The longer the tooth is in contact with the whitening gel, the quicker it will lighten.
At Coniston Dental Practice in Surrey, we use a combination of in-surgery immediate whitening and take-home kits. The two processes are described below:
- In-Surgery Whitening/Power Bleaching: This process utilises the latest LED/laser technology and is ideal if you have an important event coming up and need a quick fix or if you have heavily stained teeth that might otherwise take a long time to lighten. The process takes around 2 hours and is a great way to accelerate the whitening process. We also provide you with a home kit to stabilise the shade of your teeth when you leave.
- Take-Home Whitening: We have our on-site dental laboratory make specialised trays that fit your mouth perfectly. We will explain how to use the gel safely at home and provide any special instructions for your case. A bleached tooth will always be lighter than an unbleached tooth; however, if your diet includes drinks and foodstuffs that cause staining, you may wish to top up your whitening in 6 months to a year. We will advise you on the best way to look after your trays so you can reuse them when it suits you.
The Science Behind
Only Hydrogen Peroxide
can safely lighten your teeth. If it is formulated correctly and used in the right concentration, it is very effective and safe.
Hydrogen Peroxide does break down rapidly (in around 1 hour) into inactive by-products, and once this happens, it is completely ineffective. At Coniston Dental Practice, we use Hydrogen Peroxide during the in-chair bleaching process because we continually take the product off and replace it.
For the take-home kits, dental companies have manufactured products with another agent called Carbamide Peroxide because this produces active Hydrogen Peroxide for 6-8 hours. The British Dental Bleaching Society recommends the use of 10% Carbamide Peroxide, which gives a sustained release of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. They have deemed this the most effective concentration.
- Word of Warning: The teeth whitening gel only affects tooth substance and does not change the colour of old crowns, bridges, or fillings. If you would like to make your whole smile brighter, it is relatively simple to replace the old restorations to match your newly bright smile once you have completed your bleaching. We will always take each case into consideration and explain all your options fully before we begin.
- Side Effects: The common known side effect of whitening is sensitivity. Dental companies are continually trying to update their products by adding new desensitisers. If you are prone to sensitivity, you may experience this; however, there are other products we can recommend, which will vastly improve your symptoms. You must also remember that sensitivity is only temporary.
- Changes in Teeth Whitening Legislation: As a result of the recent amendment and adoption of changes to the Cosmetics Directive, there are now some clear guidelines regarding teeth whitening in the UK. Teeth whitening products sold for personal use will be legal again in the UK but only up to 6% Hydrogen Peroxide (equivalent to approximately 18% Carbamide Peroxide). The first use of each “cycle” has to be administered by dental practitioners or under their direct supervision to ensure an equivalent level of safety. These products are not to be used on persons under the age of 18 and are only to be sold to dental practitioners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Us for Teeth Whitening in Surrey?
At Coniston Dental Practice in Surrey, we take pride in our pristine reputation for providing one of the finest cosmetic teeth whitening
treatments in West Byfleet, Surrey. Our dedicated team of professionals is committed to creating beautiful, white smiles. Our mission is to maintain our position as a leading provider of teeth whitening in Surrey, offering top-quality dental treatments to all our customers. The bleaching technology we employ ensures instant and long-lasting results. Rest assured, our Practice Manager and receptionists will work together to deliver professional teeth whitening and exceptional care to each and every one of our valued patients.
What Our Patients Say
Dr Nell is a fantastic dentist. Jolly, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. I am sad to be leaving and moving out of the area, as he and his team are outstanding.
Fantastic! Extremely welcoming and very friendly, great advice, very professional, sensible pricing. I’m a new customer and like many perhaps anxious moving to a new practice, but I felt completely at ease and comfortable throughout, it’s refreshing to have ‘old school’ service and logical advice. I can highly recommend these ladies and gents! 😁
Honestly after 10 years of never going to dentist due to fear, im so happy i came here after my sisters recommendation. Helena is amazing, she made me feel at ease, was very patient with me. Finally i can go to dentist without a complete meltdown.Thank you so much for helping me.
Fantastic from the moment I walked through the door. Made to feel welcome by the lovely ladies on reception. Sadaf done an amazing job and was so caring whilst doing the work, so pleased. Thank you!
Joined this new local dental practice on 10/5/23 and had my 6 monthly checkup with dentist, having previously filled out online health questionnaire & having had my dental history sent from previous practice. It was the most thorough checkup ever. Everyone was very caring & very professional. Very informative Dentist, charming dental nurse and friendly reception staff. Booked hygienist for the following week. Very impressed with my first visit. Its very local to me which is a bonus. Would definitely recommend the practice.Thank you Coniston.
Wonderfull dentist and hygenist services here.. used to come as a kid and after a recent visit with my mother with disability issues I have chosen to get back on their books.. Everyone from front of house through to the doctors has been so pleasant to deal with making what could possibly be something quite stressful nice and simple
Our Location in Surrey
We are conveniently located on the📍Old Woking Road, West Byfleet, Surrey KT14 6HP
📍adjacent to the Waitrose Supermarket and next door to the Medivets Veterinary Hospital. See our location in the map below. Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.
- By Car: There are a number of car parks close by, including the Waitrose car park.
- By Bus: There are bus stops in Old Woking Road within a few yards of the surgery. In addition there are bus stops for routes a short walk away in Station Approach. See the Surrey County Council website for bus timetables.
- By Train: The closest station is West Byfleet, Surrey, which is within easy walking distance. West Byfleet is served by trains operated by South West Trains.
- Disabled Access: We have wheelchair access to the ground floor, and a stair lift up to the first floor. We have wheelchair access to a toilet.
- Special parking arrangements: Available on request.